Check back here weekly to see how construction will impact your visit to our campus!
Everything remains the same as last Sunday. The Upper Lobby still has no carpet or ceiling tiles (probably going to look like this until the end of October or even into November). The doors to the Sanctuary are gone. The new doors won't be in place until at least the end of September.
Here's what you can expect if you visit campus mid-week:
- The lower doors by Fellowship Hall will be closed during the day until 2:30PM periodically over the next 3-4 weeks
- The hallway from the lower door to the elevator and youth room will be closed until 2:30PM periodically over the next 3-4 weeks
- Meetings in the Youth Room area can be accessed through the outside Youth Room door on the north side of the building when the lower doors are closed
- The hallway between the Main Office and the Chapel is closed
- Due to construction both upstairs and downstairs, elevator access may be closed (On Sundays it will be accessible, but look like a construction zone!)
If you have a morning or mid-day meeting, check with your host on how best to access the location.
Here's what you can expect Sunday September 23:
- Outside the Sanctuary has no carpet or ceiling tiles, and the doors to the Sanctuary are gone.
- The stairs are closed, with temporary walls blocking the construction area both below and upstairs for safety
- The elevator is accessible and running
- The lower entrance by Fellowship Hall is accessible, as is the hallway to the elevator, Youth Room and Children’s spaces.
- All other hallways remain accessible as in previous weeks
- Everyone who isn’t using the elevator, or dropping kids off in Sunday School, should use the 27th Street entrance
ELEVATOR: You can still access the elevator through the lower entry. However, this is the only way to get upstairs from the first floor, and we expect it will take a while to process everyone using the elevator before and after services. Please plan to arrive early if you need to use the elevator to accommodate the extra traffic. If you’re able, we request you walk around the exterior of the building to use the 27th Street entry.
NURSERY: There are three ways to get to the nursery:
- Up the staircase behind The Lodge,
- Along the sidewalk next to the playground, or
- Down the hallway between the Main Office and the Chapel.
RESTROOMS: As with the previous few weeks, the main upstairs restrooms are closed, so ask a friendly greeter or usher where the nearest restroom is, or watch this video to see your options!
This stage of construction causes a major shift in how our building is accessed, but we’re excited for new stairs that will be easier to climb and ease congestion in the upper lobby!