Small groups are safe and warm gatherings where members study Scriptures, grow deeper in faith, pray, care for each other and engage in missional outreach. Small Groups promote maturing faith and discipleship. They put into action the focus statement of UPPC: Be the love of Jesus, in a local, intentional, spontaneous and tangible way.
Check out our Small Groups Blog! Be sure to subscribe to the blog so you'll get notification of new posts, and please leave a comment - we'd love to hear what you think and join with you in conversation. And of course, if you like what you read, share it so your friends can get in on the conversation!
SMALL GROUP RESOURCE LIST
We have resources to help your group discover a passion for service together. Find our latest suggestions here, or stop by the Connect Center on Sundays.
How to START or JOIN a Small Group
- Visit the Connect Center to join new or existing groups. Just ask!
- Contact Anne-Cecile Porter, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Margaret Daubert, 253.759.0505, email@example.com
- Form your own group, then register at the Connect Center on Sundays.
How to ENCOURAGE your Small Group
- Hold one another accountable in love for consistent attendance and open-minded participation in all facets of group life.
- Maintain a good balance between concern for the group (learning, praying, and caring together) and concern for people outside the group (participating in outreach or service activities and being open to inviting others in).
- Inquire about resources at the Connect Center: Bible studies and discussion materials; healthy group tips/ practices; leader guides; ideas for mission projects; finding a mentor to help the group with a specific issue or need.
- Train up leaders within the group and listen for God's urging to be part of starting a new group.
Download the Small Group Handbook